Shock waves are notable for high amplitudes of energy and short pulses.
Аппарат производства компании BTL (Великобритания), который используют для процедуры УВТ в медицинском центре «Эдельвейс», работает, опираясь на принцип кавитации, действующий на линии раздела сред. Сопротивляемость жидкостей и мягких тканей организма акустической волне мала, поэтому волновая энергия беспрепятственно проходит через мягкие ткани, не нанося им никакого вреда.
The waves mainly act upon tissues of a higher density, bones and cartilages, as well as various hardened tissues (calcificates and ossificates). Shock wave therapy helps recover and normalize natural metabolism, contributes to renewal of any system at the cellular level, as well as improves nutrition of tissues. This procedure has, mainly, a delayed effect which is observed after a time.
- 1Bony bodies and fibrosis break down, and their fragments resolve. Better mobility of a body area affected is observed.
- 2In areas affected by pathological abnormalities of microcirculation, the micro-capillary network expands which leads to improvement of nutrition of tissues.
- 3Pain syndrome mitigation.
Shock wave therapy indications.
SHOCK WAVE THERAPY
As of today, many clinical guidelines for shock wave therapy use are developed and introduced into daily medical practices in various areas of medicine.
ORTHOPEDY / TRAUMATOLOGY / SURGERY:
- prominent heel;
- plantar fasciitis;
- radialis, ulnaris, brachialis epicondylitis;
- brachialgia with / without restriction of movement;
- delayed union of fractures;
- tibial syndrome;
- large-area brachialis calcificates;
- trigger points and stress areas.
- acute and chronic dorsalgia;
- acute and chronic cervical / lumbar pseudoradial syndrome;
- restoration to muscular tone upon a blood-stroke and post-traumatic spasms;
- shock wave therapy;
- deep trigger points.
- chronic pelvic pain syndrome (non-bacterial prostatitis and cystitis);
- erectile dysfunction;
- Peyronie's disease;
- trigger point therapy.
- chronic wounds and ulcer;
- necrosis of tissues (diabetic foot);
- skin burns.
- skin laxity;
- stretch marks;
- scars, cicatrical tissues;
- body sculpting;
- correction of facial rhytids.
CURATIVE EFFECTS OF SHOCK WAVE THERAPY
The same curative effects are achieved with use of shock wave therapy:
- 1Vitalization of metabolic processes in tissues affected.
- 2 2Muscular tone normalization.
- 33Break-down of calcium deposits and their further resolution (around and inside of ligaments).
- 4Inflammation reduction.
- 5Pain relief.
- 6Strengthening of tissues.
Thanks to effects achieved, well-being of patients improves and they enjoy life again!