Mud therapy and body wraps
Therapeutic muds have been in use for more than 125 years. In our region, therapeutic muds from the Bol’shoy Tambukan lake make good use. This salt-water lake is one of the oldest SPA resorts in Russia. By content of ferrous sulfide this lake is second to none among water bodies of that kind in Russia. The lake waters contain biologically active substances having a prominent germ-kill effect, the action of which is similar to that of penicillin.
Thanks to this, muds were used during World Wars I and II for healing of septic wounds.
Muds are extracted at the bottom of the lake and delivered to health resorts. They are also exported to foreign countries. Curative properties of Tambukan muds are superior to those from the famous Dead Sea. Tambukan waters are classified as moderately sulfide and high-mineralized ones. The contents of salt amount up to 100 g per liter. Water contains organic compounds and chemical elements, such as strontium, magnesium, potassium, argentums, etc.
Blue-green algae contribute to formation of bottom muds. They include more than 60 amino acids, “B” vitamins (their content is 6 times as much as that in beef liver), “E” vitamin (three times as much as in wheat germ), beta-carotene (25 times as much as in carrots). Due to these properties muds fortify the immunity system and decrease the cholesterol level in human blood. High amounts of lecithin cause decrease of the blood glucose level, reduce insulin dependence, improve metabolism processes, prevent obesity and contribute to repair of damaged cells.
In muds of Saksk und Tambukan, lipids of complex compositions have been detected that restore immunodefences and inhibit the process of senescence. One of the essential components of Tambukan muds is humic acid that binds radio nuclides, detergents, pesticides and heavy metals and removes them from the body. Tambukan muds have anti-inflammatory, antioedemic, resolving, immunomodulating, antiallergic and regenerative effects and pain-relieving and sedative actions. They promote activation of enzymatic and biological combustion processes, improve blood and lymph circulations.
Tambukan and Saksk muds: indications and usage:
- post-operative recovery;
- pelvic and abdomen adhesions;
- menstrual disorder, ovarian dysfunction, premenstrual syndrome;
- early rehabilitation period upon uterine cervix radio-frequency treatment;
- chronic pelvic inflammatory diseases in remission;
- (salpingitis, salpingo-oophoritis, vulvovaginitis, etc.);
- functional insufficiency of ovaries (polycystic ovarian syndrome, relapsing corpus luteum cysts, infertility).
MUD THERAPY (PELOTHERAPY)
- восстановления проходимости маточных труб;
- stress urinary incontinence;
- hemorrhoid, chronic anal fissure;
- chronic gastritis, gastroduodenitis, duodenitis;
- gastroduodenal ulcer;
- chronic non-calculous cholecystitis;
- chronic non-ulcerative colitis;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- chronic prostatitis;
- erectile dysfunction;
- male and female sterility;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- arthrosis, osteochondrosis;
- pelvic diaphragm muscle tonus stimulation;
- atonic bladder;
- face cosmetology (rejuvenating and toning effect, lifting);
- dermatology, treatment of skin diseases (eczema, psoriasis, neurodermatitis, urticaria and others)
Use of peloids has medical contraindications; therefore therapy is assigned by a specialist upon a thorough medical examination only.